Following the disaster which occurred yesterday (September 7) at Atomic Junction near Madina, the government has officially put the death toll to seven, whilst 132 are injured so far.
This was revealed by the Information Minister Mustapha Hamid. The government said out of those injured, 64 persons have been discharged from the hospitals with 68 others receiving treatment.
The statement said: “An investigation has commenced into the cause of the explosion and shall be followed with firm action to forestall similar future recurrences.
“Any injured persons who may have been evacuated from the scene on their own should kindly inform the Ghana Police Hospital of their location,” it added.
We extend our condolences to the families who have affected directly or indirectly by this disaster.