Ghanaian rapper, Pope Skinny in a recent social media post on Instagram has expressed concern for sachet water sellers across the country.
According to him, he would prefer to give out money to sachet water sellers than beggars who do nothing at all.
His post reads;
According to pure water sellers. Sometimes, It Takes About 6 Hours To Sell 30 Sachets Of Water Which Amounts To A Total Of Ghc6 .
From The Ghc6, The Profit Is Only About Ghc2 As The Pure Water Sellers Have To Pay Ice block Which Was Used To Cool The Water.
Bottom line Is That Some Of Them Make Only Ghc2 In 6 Hours Of Hustling Under The Hot Sun, Risking Their Lives On Major Roads And Always At The Mercy Of The Accra Municipal Assembly task force.
Sadly, Passengers And Drivers Reach The Traffic Stops, They Prefer To Dash Ghc1, Ghc2 Or Even Gh5 To Beggars And Fake Sufferers Who Sometimes Make About Ghc150 A Day Doing Nothing But Begging, Leaving Them Richer And Safer Than The Pure Water Sellers Who Are Entrepreneurs… So When Next You Are At A Traffic Stop,
- Dash The Pure Water Seller Instead
- Buy Pure Water To Patronize Them And If The Change Is (30p, Or Even 80p You Can Leave It With Them, that won’t make you poor)
- Say Something Nice To Them. Greet Them, Encourage Them.
- Slow Down, Don’t Knock Them Down.
- Even If You Won’t Buy The Pure Water, If They Ask You To Buy, Rather Than
Ignoring Them And Facing Front As If They Are Not Humans, You Can Look At Them, Smile And Say “Thank You”. Let Love Lead❤️
God Bless Ghana!